• Office: 01932 702 809
  • Mobile: 0780 383 2268
  • Mortgages: 07973 255 662

EPC’s for landlords

The property landlord is responsible for the EPC certificate

When buildings are to be rented out, the landlord is responsible for ensuring a valid certificate is made available to all prospective tenants.

The Domestic EPC and recommendation report must be made available free of charge by a landlord to a prospective tenant at the earliest opportunity and no later than:-

  • When any written information about the building is provided in response to a request for information received from the prospective tenant; or
  • When a viewing is conducted; or
  • If neither of those occur, before entering into a contract to sell or let.

A Domestic EPC for rented property is valid for ten years. The only person who is able to produce an EPC is an accredited Home Inspector or Energy Assessor.

Please contact us for a quotation if you have a number of properties that require an EPC a discounted rate may apply.

FULL GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE NOTES Please follow the link to obtain a printable set of information.